Interim management services
Local & central government interim management services
Leadership & talent solutions for better business outcomes
Against a backdrop of tightening budgets, the challenges facing local authorities continue to grow.
NSCG provides experienced interim executives who bring something extra to your organisation – helping to deliver the sustainable change needed to give communities the services they deserve.
Working nationwide, our consultants build long-lasting relationships with leaders – to develop innovative answers to the complex issues they face. You’ll get access to interim executives who can help provide higher quality, lower cost services and ensure sustainable economic development, increased accountability and a better living and social environment for all.
In addition, to single interim appointments and consultancy projects, we are experienced in building teams to perform high-level change and complex transformations.
Whatever the challenge you face, we can find the interim talent to tackle it.
Helping you accelerate performance
Adapting for the future requires significant financial, operational and workforce planning - to both protect and enhance the value that local authorities bring.
We play a vital supporting role. Our subject matter experts, interim executives and consultancy teams can facilitate and support the change needed to help local authorities flourish.
We help our clients:
- Implement new structures, people and processes
- Positively change their target operating model
- Deliver on decentralisation
- Redesign services to meet local needs
- Create financial rigour in distressed situations
- Achieve digital reform
- Consolidate and implement shared services and commercial delivery models
With the pressures on councils growing, chief executives and leaders have recognised the need to do things differently. Senior interim managers empower local authorities to look beyond organisational boundaries and take a whole systems’ approach.
Our consultants have worked within the public sector for over 20 years. We have built a deep understanding of the landscape and have built a network of talented interims and consultants who have a strong track record of delivering results across a complex landscape.
Key benefits of interim managers
- Agile expert resource to help local authorities overwhelmed by regulatory pressures
- Hired expertise on a project-basis to deliver major regeneration and new build schemes
- Leadership and specialist expertise for supporting distressed departments requiring turnaround
- Short-term hiring of expertise to identify improvements and cost-saving opportunities across the local authority
- Strategic acumen to devise and execute development strategies
- Expertise and leadership capability for establishing development vehicles, joint ventures and local housing companies
- Board and leadership
- Digital, change and transformation
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and sales
- Programme management
- Risk, governance and compliance
- Director of development
- CEO of ALMO
- Finance director
- MD local housing company
- Head of asset strategy
- Director of resident services
Leadership assessment for tomorrow's leaders
Through in-depth interviews, simulations and progressive assessment techniques, we build a holistic understanding of each leader’s aspirations, skills, personality and values. This creates a true picture of their fit for the roles they will be expected to perform.Leadership assessment
- Board effectiveness review
- Leadership assessment
- Executive coaching & development
- Succession planning
- Project recruitment