We are working in partnership with Campden BRI in the recruitment of an Analyst to undertake the identification of glass samples and foreign bodies reported in food and all other associated activities.
Having been established for over 100 years, Campden BRI is well known for its breadth of services. With over 2,400 member companies, including the top 10 UK retailers and the top 15 global food & beverage manufacturers, clients view the organisation as an extension of their own in-house technical team.
The main duties of the role will be to;
· Undertake microscopic investigations of glass fragments and other foreign bodies, food packaging and food structure
· Interpret analytical data
· Prepare technical reports
· Register samples
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who make a difference and help companies succeed through the services they supply. In order to be considered for the role you will;
· Be a graduate in a relevant scientific subject, or have equivalent experience - this could be in a traditional subject such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology but also from a subject such as Forensics
Highly advantageous would be;
· Previous experience of working in a laboratory
· Use of lights and scanning electron microscopy, X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR analysis
Should you not have the desirable experience listed above full training will be provided.
As well as a competitive base salary of up to £19,000 DOE, Campden BRI offers a strong rewards package including
· Company Pension Scheme with matched contributions up to 10%
· 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) with the opportunity to Buy/Sell holidays
· Comprehensive Training and Development and the potential to be supported through a wide range of external training
· Income Protection Scheme
· Life Insurance
Campden BRI are situated in the picturesque village of Chipping Campden in Gloucestershire and is the largest employer in the local area. The site offers state of the art laboratories as well as onsite parking, a subsidised restaurant, and a glorious wetland area. Due to the location of their laboratories you will need to drive due to the lack of available public transport. Chipping Campden is within a 1hr commute of places such as Cheltenham, Gloucester, Swindon, Oxford, Stratford, Tewksbury, Banbury, Worcester and Leamington Spa.
|Location:||Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire|
|Sector:||Technology & Digital|
|Date Added:||02 Mar 2021|
30 Mar 2021
To apply for this role, please email Lisa Smith with your CV and supporting statement/cover letter including reference number JN -032021-26107_1614709278