Laboratory Technician (Entry Level)
We are working in partnership with Campden BRI in the recruitment of a number of individuals to undertake training to become a Chromatography Technician.
Having been established for over 100 years, Campden BRI is well known for its breadth of services. With over 2,400 member companies, including the top 10 UK retailers and the top 15 global food & beverage manufacturers, clients view the organisation as an extension of their own in-house technical team.
A Chromatography Technician undertakes analysis of client samples and support associated method development activities. The main duties of the role are;
· Carrying out analysis of foodstuffs and materials relating to the food industry
· Carrying out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipts and booking in of samples into LIMS
· Performing method development activities, collecting data and producing reports
· Calibration, maintenance and daily monitoring of lab equipment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who make a difference and help companies succeed through the services they supply. An opportunity that will begin your career in the field of Analytical Science whilst undertaking on the job training and the opportunity to undertake a Degree Apprenticeship in the future to further develop your skills. In order to be considered for the role you will;
· Have successfully passed an A-Level in either Biology or Chemistry (C or above)
· Have the desire and passion to learn and forge a career in Science
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
As well as a starting base salary of £17,300 which increases to £18,377 following a successful 3 month probationary, Campden BRI offers a strong rewards package including
· Company Pension Scheme with matched contributions up to 10%
· 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) with the opportunity to Buy/Sell holidays
· Comprehensive Training and Development and the potential to be supported through a wide range of external training
· Income Protection Scheme
· Life Insurance
Campden BRI are situated in the picturesque village of Chipping Campden in Gloucestershire and is the largest employer in the local area. The site offers state of the art laboratories as well as onsite parking, a subsidised restaurant, and a glorious wetland area. Due to the location of their laboratories you will need to drive due to the lack of available public transport. Chipping Campden is within a 1hr commute of places such as Cheltenham, Gloucester, Swindon, Oxford, Stratford, Tewksbury, Banbury, Worcester and Leamington Spa.
|Location:||Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire|
|Sector:||Technology & Digital|
|Date Added:||04 Mar 2021|
|Closing Date:||01 Apr 2021|