Wine and Spirits Technician
We are working in partnership with Campden BRI in the recruitment of a Wine & Spirits Technician to maintain and develop services. Assisting the Technical Manager you will add additional expertise in the analysis of soil, leaf and petiole.
Having been established for over 100 years, Campden BRI is well known for its breadth of services. With over 2,400 member companies, including the top 10 UK retailers and the top 15 global food & beverage manufacturers, clients view the organisation as an extension of their own in-house technical team.
The main duties of the role will be to;
· Develop a new analytical service in soil, leaf and petiole analysis for the wine industry
· Carry out analysis of wines and spirits
· Provide interpretation of the results including sensory
· Perform tastings of client samples
· Provide expertise input for client tenders
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who make a difference and help companies succeed through the services they supply. In order to be considered for the role you will;
· Minimum of WSET Level 3 in Wines and Spirits, ideally Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits
· Have demonstrable experience interpreting analytical data of wines and spirits from around the world - to include the analysis of soil and leaf data for vineyards
· Have demonstrable experience tasting and interpreting tasting results of wines and spirits from around the world
· Possess excellent IT skills including the use of the MS Suite of products and LIMS
Highly advantageous would be a degree in a scientific subject such as Viticulture and Oenology.
As well as a competitive base salary of between £22,350 to £30,000 DOE, Campden BRI offers a strong rewards package including Company Pension Scheme with matched contributions up to 10%, Discretionary Company Performance Bonus Scheme, 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) with the opportunity to Buy/Sell holidays, Comprehensive Training and Development and the potential to be supported through a wide range of external training, Income Protection Scheme and Life Insurance.
This role is based at their site at Nutfield in Surrey. Due to the location of the laboratories you will need to drive due to the lack of available public transport.
|Sector:||Technology & Digital|
|Date Added:||02 Mar 2021|
|Closing Date:||30 Mar 2021|
To apply for this role, please email Lisa Smith with your CV and supporting statement/cover letter including reference number JN -032021-26104_1614706133