A data-led approach to identifying tomorrow’s high performers
How do you take the guesswork out of leadership succession? Our unique method starts by determining the specific organisational goals your leaders needs to deliver. Then we combine sophisticated market intelligence and benchmarking data to build a profile of quality candidates and create a framework for the assessment process.
As consulting partners, we will challenge you on the leadership capabilities and qualities your business needs. We will always make clear recommendations on the potential of your existing leaders or potential external hires, drawing on over 40 years’ experience supporting organisations to identify and build the leadership capability they need to win in their markets.
Formerly part of Wickland Westcott, our leadership assessment team was established over 40 years ago. Our consultants will continue to partner with valued clients at crucial moments: change, recruitment, developing individuals, building teams, growth and succession. Our focus remains on the goals and outcomes our clients wish to achieve.
Helping you to predict future performance
Our assessment methodology is where our expertise comes into its own. We use a mix of tools, including psychometrics, to produce a rich set of data. We investigate motivations and purpose to see how well aligned a candidate is to your culture – and to assess how well suited they are to the challenges they would face. We then apply behavioural science to the data to give us a prediction of future performance.
We never claim our predictions will be 100% accurate. But they do provide an objective, robust, evidenced and comprehensive analysis to base your decisions on. Our assignment success rates prove our method’s worth to our clients – and the leaders they hire.
The benefits of a more rigorous approach
Our specialist team deliver leadership assessments as a standalone service, and as an integral part of our integrated talent solutions.
Leadership assessments equip you with both robust data and an independent, objective analysis of leadership capabilities. The New Street Consulting Group difference is our ability to predict future performance by combining data, market intelligence and behavioural science.
Our assessments enable you to make better informed decisions on leadership and business strategy – and increase your chances of achieving the ultimate results and outcomes you desire.
We can design assessments for organisations looking to develop their senior leaders and high potential through individual or group development assessments. These are designed to help individuals understand their strength and development areas in greater detail and how to achieve their ambitions as a leader. Data and insight is blended into a rich individual development report and collective analyses can be conducted at a team, division or organisational level.
Why choose us?
- Shaping complementary teams - assess the whole team to build the right mix into the c suite
- Talent pipelining - identify the leaders of tomorrow and identifying their individual development needs
- Due diligence - assessing the future performance capabilities of incumbent leaders in mergers and acquisitions. Assessments highlight risk and identify skills/knowledge/experience gaps that may need addressing
- Digital transformation - assessing whether tech leaders have the capabilities to achieve complex digital change programmes
- Psychometric profiling - understand leaders’ behaviours, motivations, strengths and weaknesses
- Recruitment - find the perfect fit for permanent and interim roles – by assessing against the right measures to understand future performance
- Benchmarking - build an understanding of current leadership capabilities, benchmarked both internally and against the external market
- Leadership development - analyse the strengths and weaknesses of incumbents to build effective development plans
A smarter approach
- First, we build an understanding of the goals and outcomes you need your leaders to achieve in the short, medium and long term
- Our tailored assessments are then designed to assess against these benchmarks. We are especially careful to remove unconscious bias removed from the process
- We build each assessment from a mix of tools: interviews, 360-degree feedback, psychometrics, questionnaires, interview, simulations and observation
- Our assessors also use open, non-judgemental, two-way conversations and draw on their own experience in leadership to talk on the interviewees level. We explore purpose and motivation, beyond behaviour and personality
- Then, we combine market intelligence, the data we have gathered and behavioural science to run our analysis – and predict future individual and team performance in a VUCA (Volatile. Uncertain. Complex. Uncertain world)
- Our final report is always presented back to you with practical recommendations, in addition to our in-depth analysis
Leadership assessment for partnership
We help you to see the whole picture for developing and hiring the partners of tomorrow. Learn more about our assessment services for partner programmes in professional services.Learn more
- Executive & management assessment
- Leadership benchmarking
- Psychometric profiling